Saturday, June 16, 2012

RIP Porgie

                                 Porgie 2011      passed June 9, 2012


Fair well my sweet little Porgie, may you fly high in the clouds & the sound of your crow reach the angels ears....You created a wonderful place for us with your sweet personality & gentleness....I & the hens will miss you greatly.

Its always so sad for me to lose one of my 'kids'...Little Porgie was so hard because it hit so fast but thankfully I was there & held him at the end..So he knew Momma was there with him & he didn't have to go alone.

I am finally over all the jet lag..ok well I think I am...still have days of being overly tired.  It has been so wonderful to be home with my kids & to have them around me when ever I am outside.  Bowzer, my rump less Americana is broody, so took all the eggs that were sterile & gave her 4 from CeeCee's hens, so maybe in a few weeks she can finally be a momma.  I have had her 4 yrs & she has only been broody once before years back so I think I will give her a chance....I don't need any more chickens but what a few more?

Lauria got a big bath a few days ago in lavender baby shampoo, does she smell so nice & is all fluffy & soft now.  She actually loves to get bathes cause I use the hose from the sink on her, so I can get under her wings which she seems to really enjoy.  Its hard to believe she is already nearly a year old when they all told me she would probably die within 6 months.  As I type she is laying near my feet looking up at me..I think she knows she is being written about...lol

Been a tad stressed this week cause today the town property tax man was coming & I worried about him getting upset over the chickens being here...funny thing is he fell in love with Lauria when she came up to him in the living room....he even bent down to pet her...so I am safe for now...big load off my shoulders & heart.

So anyway since I have been gone I have been working on cleaning up the house & still need to get out into the gardens, which look like a mini jungle.....I did get 6 tomato plants at Job Lots for a total of $5.98..have no idea what they will be, but that is alright with me...I will enjoy them no matter what they turn out to be.

Thomas also bought me a blackberry bush & a blueberry tree that we got planted yesterday late in the afternoon....I am sooo excited by these  as I have been wanting to expand my tiny orchard.  One of the grape vines looks like it may make it & we also found way in the back a few wild raspberry bushes we didn't know were there...So I plan to dig those up & move them to the one I planted so I can keep them in one place.  The mini apple tree i planted 3 years ago is doing well.....another 2 yrs & I should have some apples on it.  we have decided to quit buying starter fruit plants as they all seem to die before the 1st year is over....We have lost too much money trying this so from now on we will buy small established plants at a higher cost cause they seem to do better & live.

I have a huge list of things I want to get done this summer but I am sure I will get side tracked like I always do...I really do have good intentions but I am also one who gets an idea & has to go with it right then * there so it tends to push other things I need to do out of the way for a bit.  I did get the big shop coops cleaned this last week...took a full day as I did a big clean out & by the time I was done I was sore & worn out.  They now have better perches & fans set up when its hot, I also opened up the old run area for them so they could hang out in the chicken condo (greenhouse).  they have decided to make that their big dust bath area which is fine with me...but its funny to see these huge dust clouds coming out of the condo.  Waiting to see if any dust devils show up with all the wings going.

This next week I may be in court as a juror ...I find out Monday night if I have to go in....its not bad but if I am chosen it means time away from home & the kids....which you all know I am a big home body so that will drive me nuts...especially after being gone for 12 days to Kona Hawaii last month.

I also have my yearly check-up/medicine renewal with my doctor on Monday...sure he will find something I am doing he doesn't like...lol...I drive him nuts at times, but I am sure he does like the fact I am only in to see him maybe all of 2 times a year....I am not a wimp so I don't call him if I am sick or even hurt unless I really have to...like a broken bone...well ok I broke my collar bone & never went in...I mean really what can they do?...it didn't need set & I knew to be careful with it.....But he was not amused when he found out..only reason he knew was he saw my collarbone & realized it didn't look right...lol...too late for him to do anything.....but he did get a bit cranky with me...yeah...yeah.... in one ear out the other....

And no I am not a teenager, some would say I am old...baby boomer age but act like a 14 year old most of the time....:)

Well I am just checking in to let you all know I am alive & still kicking...have a great chicken day....M'



No comments:

Post a Comment