Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ok everyone SING along...let it snow, let it snow...let it rain???? What! Wait!

                                                         Hayley     Oct 1995 to Feb 2011



Good Morning everyone...Since it is now after midnight I can say that....

 Good news, I finally was able to get the hubby to get me the Power of Atty, Military Medical Insurance & a Military ID card....wow, yeah I know, its mind blowing to me too!  Bear with me on this Blog, I had little sleep last night & am now getting a second (or maybe third) wind with too much coffee pushing my brain.  i must say though after about 6 weeks of mental stress over all of this it is nice to finally have it all done.  Now if they can just find his orders, since he is flying out to Texas on Wednesday!

Most of you up here in the North East (USA) have been dealing with this strange weather.   Normally we just get lots of snow, bitter cold winds & gray days....Well this year we got the snow late..  December instead of November...then last week we got tons of sunshine with highs in the 40's & 50's....Well that ended today when we got snow, rain...snow...and little more rain...well actually a lot of rain.  We were driving through mini swimming pools to the Military Post.  Nothing like a dirty mushy snow/rain mix hitting your windshield & no window fluid cleaner.....yeah I am going to stick my head out the side window & clean the window for you honey.  That Maid tattoo you requested on my forehead isn't there if you care to look.

Ok so it wasn't that bad, but you would think people up here would know how to drive in all this.  Even the snow plows were dumping sand on the rainy wet highway like that's going to help us drive in the rain better.  One of the other places I had to go today was to the DMV to renew my drivers lic.. which I didn't know had expired on my birthday THIS year, that was the middle of January...oops I am so bad!

Anyway on with the story, I got to the office which takes care of all the surrounding towns & is usually standing room only that early in the morning.  I walked in to a nearly empty office & got everything taken care of under 15 minutes.....Now you, that have had to go do this can tell me this is some sort of record..  Felt really really good til I saw my picture & I swear all I had been drinking was coffee!  I used to take good pictures & I just don't know what happened in the last few years.  The last drivers lic picture I had super short hair & you would swear you were looking at someone's granddad., even with the longer hair, I have seen great grandmothers who look better than me & I am only 52!  By the time I got the Military ID I was ready to hide under a rock...that one is even worse.  Oh, they are all kind & say "I could re-do it for you" but by that time I am so horrified I just say no, grab it & leave as quickly as I can.
  I am telling you these are so bad I couldn't pay someone to steal them.
My older sister got me this great birthday card with a old buzzard on it & today I sure felt & looked  its sister.

I am suppose to be writing about the 'kids' aren't I?

Mother, who you all know is broody & laying on some eggs is doing great, but I feel so guilty.  I checked her yesterday to remove any of the unmarked eggs & picked up one of the marked ones.  As I was putting it back under her she pecked at me, missed & cracked open the egg.  It had a developing baby in it & it just broke my heart.  So I am not longer checking., its not like I don't get enough eggs a day to feed the neighborhood, so she can have all she wants under her. My neighbor girl I talk about...Kelley has one of those egg thingies you can hatch the eggs in if I need to use it later. I will still have to move her in about 2 weeks time to a lower level but I will be extra careful not to let her get near the egg I have in my hand.


Poor Tilly, my one black sex-link is now completely balded...CeeCee had plucked out all her head feathers when he is mating with her. Usually my sex-links are the more aggressive hens, not violent but they don't put up with any bad behavior on the roosters part. I would think by now Tilly would do as the other girls do & fly up to the roosting bar when he gets close to her, I am just praying her feathers come back!  I may have to put sunscreen on her this summer.

The in house kids are doing very well, Jasper(duck) & Porgie(little rooster) still run around the room but Jasper is not trying to mate with the big hens at the moment which for me is nice.  Baby Girl, the blue Orpington I brought in because the hens were plucking out her tail & rump feathers is doing quite well, she no longer has a bare bottom & is getting braver by the day with this group.

The basement coop kids are doing just fine, Pippi La'Roo is keeping them all in line & he makes sure they  get in there to eat when I bring their warm feed to them. He is like a little military man calling them all...if they don't show up he goes & gets them & follows behind til they get where he wants them.
                                 

Macy (kitty) is still on a 24/7 catnip high, she has now learned how to wrap her front legs around Big Mommas neck.  its like watch Pro wrestling... Macy may weigh all of 1 1/2-2 lbs to big Momma who is 18 pounds...Macy has her in a death headlock while Big Momma is running thinking maybe I can outrun her & she will drop.  So far, that has not happened & Big Momma is stuck with this moving gray collar that is now biting her. I am waiting for the day when all the snow melts & Big Momma convinces Macy to come outside & play.  Then leads her off into the woods near our house to go check out the big furry funny looking cats that hang out in there....you know the ones I am talking about...Or introduces her to a rabid raccoon.  Oh, the stories she will tell when she finally figures out how to find her way home.


Rosey (dog) has mellowed a bit since Hayley's gone but she still gets into things if I keep her down in the dining room at night....She is getting onto the table to get things, so I now know how she got the camera a while back ago.  Needless to say there are days I look at her & think...You would make sure a pretty coat.....No I am not going to do that, but when she is being bad it does flash across my brain ever so often.

I think it is finally time to put this & me to bed.  So until next time have a great chicken day!  M'.

No comments:

Post a Comment